Torrance News Torch

The Student News Site of Torrance High School

Torrance News Torch

Torrance News Torch

Torrance Water Polo Wins on Senior Night

On October 10, Torrance High’s boys water polo team held their senior night against North to celebrate seniors Markus Leon, Jandyn Weaver, Mateo Schenone, and also the seniors on North. Everyone got an opportunity to play during this game including JV because North does not have a JV. In the first two quarters Torrance was able to score 5 goals while North did not score any. 

Since it was Senior Night, during halftime there was a ceremony for all of the seniors from Torrance and North with posters for every senior. A sweet announcement of each of their names paired with flowers and a lei. After the ceremony they began the third quarter. North scored twice but it did not matter because Torrance scored twice entering the fourth quarter to go up 7-2. The fourth began with a goal from Torrance senior Mateo Schenone and a North player getting a 5 meter penalty. This gave another opportunity for Mateo to score again. The game concluded with a score of 9-4 with Torrance High water polo boy’s Senior Night ending in a victory.