Torrance News Torch

The Student News Site of Torrance High School

Torrance News Torch

Torrance News Torch

Tartars Talk Taylor

Torrance High Swifties Bask in the Eras Tour

Taylor Swift took the stage after five years, and Swifties are still recovering after losing their minds over her Eras Tour.  Her Eras tour consists of seventeen years of music from all of her albums: Debut, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989,  Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights. Each night she does 44 songs from her setlist including two surprise songs. Swift transitioned through every era of her life starting from country to pop to indie to different sounds. Swifties of all ages described it as being the best night of their lives. 

My experience was unreal and I couldn’t process anything. I went on August 8th to Sofi stadium.  I thought it was so crazy to get to scream all the lyrics and her songs after waiting five years. Taylor is someone you never want to forget in life because she welcomes her fans with open arms and she feels like home. A lot of the Swifties dressed up in sparkly and shiny outfits too. When you’re about to walk into Sofi, they hand out bracelets to you . The bracelets light up and change according to the era you are in. I kept the bracelet for memories. People also after the show collect the confetti, so they can remember what it was like to see Taylor on stage. I think it was a great feeling to hear Taylor say after five years  “Welcome To The Eras Tour.”  Taylor looked so happy to see us, and we were so happy to see her. 

I am not the only Swiftie at Torrance High.  Torrance High Senior Marti Horn attended the concert at Sofi on August 8th and says “Taylor Swift is a great person to look up to because she is a real and genuine person. Taylor stands up for lgbtq rights and other serious topics like mental illness and feminism.  A lot of people relate to her music because of how honest she is, and how her music helps people get through things they are going through in their life.” 

Torrance High Sophomore Kat Gara says “Taylor as a person is really inspiring and amazing.” She said interacting with all the other Swifties and trading bracelets was really fun. Screaming all the lyrics to every song with the crowd was a great experience. The fan also mentioned how finding out the two surprises were the highlights of the swifties night. The two surprise songs can be from any taylor swift era. One of the songs is an acoustic song and the other is on the piano.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Torrance News Torch

Your donation will support the student journalists of Torrance High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.