Masquer-Aid

Masquer-Aid

The Fine Arts Club holds event to help students make their own masquerade masks at lunch.

Students could not mask their excitement when they participated in the first Fine Arts club arts and crafts event! The event was held on October 17th during lunch, where participants were able to choose from an array of masquerade mask shapes to decorate with paint pens, stickers, rhinestones, and more! 

With so many options, the possibilities were endless and every participant made a fun and unique mask. Some of the many whimsical masks students created were Taylor Swift themed masks and masks based on the Japanese Kitsune mask. Other masks were outbursts of creativity that represented the individuality of each person decorating them.

After such a successful event hosted by the club, I asked the organizer of the event and president of the club, Sophia Sklark, about her thoughts on the club’s first arts and crafts event of the year. “When I became president of the club Junior year, I discovered that the Fine Arts Club used to hold fun arts and crafts activities before I joined the club, so in my senior year I decided to bring it back! I invited not only club members, but opened the event to the whole school so that everyone could have fun. I even saw some teachers come in to make their own pretty masquerade masks. Creativity really flourished that day!”
Students who participated in the activity had lots of fun. Sophomore Riko Kurata commented that, “It was really fun decorating the masquerade masks with my friends.”

Additionally, senior Maci Sanchez expressed that, “It was pretty sick, they had a lot of jewels, feathers, and markers to make the mask come to life. I could decorate it however I wanted. It made my lunch worth spending.” 

Even if you missed this event, don’t worry about it! The Fine Arts club will hold a lot more events throughout the school year for each season. If you are interested in joining the next event, check their instagram (@thsfinearts) or look for flyers around the campus for the next arts and crafts activity!