Donut Feel Good to Be a Senior

Seniors get their last year off to a sweet start!
Donut Feel Good to Be a Senior

Becoming a senior in high school means so much, and as an award, most seniors are given the opportunity to experience many events that are mainly limited to the senior class. The first of those many events is Senior Breakfast, so it really is the beginning of the amazing milestones that the class of ‘24 can claim to celebrate their last year of high school. 

This year the Senior Class Council offered a large variety of delicious donuts, bagels, cookies, and juice! This breakfast with all the seniors is a lovely tradition that Torrance High School has been holding for a while now, and in a way it can be seen as something that isn’t just a treat for the seniors, but an event that brings the class together.

The class of 2024 is the last remaining class who experienced COVID-19 while being enrolled at Torrance High School, with the lockdown making the class of 2024’s first year of high school almost completely online. They’ve come a long way since then, and now as our beloved seniors roamed around the senior patio socializing, there is a common feeling rummaging all throughout most of their minds–that being the feeling of nostalgia.

When asked how it feels to be a senior, Genine Torres said that she “feels very nostalgic and that it feels like [she’s] been waiting for this moment [her] whole life.” Rachel Sato has a similar take and explains how “it’s really sad, since [her] and [her] friends are always talking about how everything [they] do this year is [their] last time doing that thing.” Emery Abugan has a few similar thoughts since she thinks that being a senior is “kind of sad, because it’s [her] last year and [she] has to cherish every moment to its fullest, but [she’s] also really excited to graduate, so it’s kind of conflicting.” Those are only a few of the many seniors who had very similar thoughts.

Many seniors are beginning their journey of becoming an adult, and senior breakfast is one of the first events that are pointing them to the end goal. 

Noelle Manalad